SUDOKUCUP

Information and discussion on Puzzle Competitions
Post Reply
sf2l
Posts: 147
Joined: Fri 03 Sep, 2010 12:43 pm

SUDOKUCUP

Post by sf2l »

After the referendum held on line abou the dates, the conclusion has been reached
there will be two sudokucup contests
the first one NEXT WEEKEND booklet here http://sudokucup.com/sites/default/file ... let_en.pdf
the second one on September 3-4th

here is the link
http://www.sudokucup.com/node/1132

stefano
DavidC
Posts: 249
Joined: Wed 03 Nov, 2010 9:34 pm

Re: SUDOKUCUP

Post by DavidC »

I am part way through the Sudokucup contest and I am now unable to connect to either my answer page or the sudokucup.com server as a whole (so I can't post to their forum). BBC and Google are fine, so it's something with their site or connectivity.

If anyone is thinking of competing, I suggest you check what they have to say in the way of announcements etc when the server comes back online.

Ah well, it's all good practice I suppose, although I would have structured my weekend differently with hindsight.

David
Mephisto
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue 18 Jan, 2011 12:28 pm

Re: SUDOKUCUP

Post by Mephisto »

I can confirm this. It seems that www.sudokucup.com is down.
DavidC
Posts: 249
Joined: Wed 03 Nov, 2010 9:34 pm

Re: SUDOKUCUP

Post by DavidC »

For info, it's still down. Also, when it comes back, take care with reading any announcements about the answer submission process : before the failure, it was necessary to use the Czech answer form as they had been unable to deploy an English one because of problems.

David
Ours brun
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu 04 Nov, 2010 1:30 pm
Contact:

Re: SUDOKUCUP

Post by Ours brun »

The site is available again. No announcement about the problem yet, so I advise you to be careful - maybe wait a bit before you start.
http://enigm-attic.blogspot.com --> sudoku variants and other handcrafted logic puzzles.
Ours brun
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu 04 Nov, 2010 1:30 pm
Contact:

Re: SUDOKUCUP

Post by Ours brun »

I could participate using the czech version of the answering form, and everything went fine this way. Nice puzzles, I encourage you to give them a try.
http://enigm-attic.blogspot.com --> sudoku variants and other handcrafted logic puzzles.
sknight
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon 01 Nov, 2010 8:46 pm

Re: SUDOKUCUP

Post by sknight »

Forms are back up. I still couldn't use the English version - I suspect their Javascript is bugged or something. Didn't realize the Czech version was a workaround and submitted answers via email -- don't know yet if they are going to take them. The Czech version does work for me.
- Jack
sknight
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon 01 Nov, 2010 8:46 pm

Re: SUDOKUCUP

Post by sknight »

A reminder that the second part of Sudokucup is this weekend, currently up and running.
sf2l
Posts: 147
Joined: Fri 03 Sep, 2010 12:43 pm

Re: SUDOKUCUP

Post by sf2l »

Very quickly this time, the results of SUdokuCup 6/ two are published
Post Reply