Look, communication is necessary in that kind of team competition as you have to assign puzzles, discuss who solves what, discuss opponents, last week's results etc. I'd even say communication is essential in this comp! That's why I came up with the idea of alternative method as well but so far only 2 have responded.
And how the hell do you know that I was on the Mini-Chat all week??

Instead I was trying to avoid it as I don't like it and only checked it when I was on Croco anyway checking my stats or solving sth.
And I didn't have as much time as you seem to think as I was working as well most of the days.
Egregiously stupid thing to do? Hmm, do you wanna say I'm stupid or sth?
Laser was not really something I would succeed in or solve easily, so I guess I wasn't that motivated to solve it earlier. And if I'd have solved it fast I'd have got it done by 23:00 but I spent ages on it. Obviously that's not how it was meant but yeah.
Well, as I've explained earlier I'm not good in most of the puzzles that are given and sudokus are clearly my strongest side, so it's not that I have approached it entirely from my own interests (as you said) as my chances to win are many times higher in sudokus compared to other puzzles. For example in classic sudoku I'm very good and in Comparison Sudoku good but in Fillomino, Domino and Camp maybe mediocre, can get good results sometimes when the puzzles suit me but other times can fail miserably. There are a few others in which I can get decent results sometimes (but I wouldn't say I'm any good in them) but in about half of the puzzles I suck. It's quite obvious that solving those puzzles that are clearly my best is better for team if there are other people who are more universal and can solve good number of puzzles very well.