Only Connect
Only Connect
Have a go at the attachement, based on BBC4's Only connect wall
- Attachments
-
- Connect1.xls
- (30.92 KiB) Downloaded 2301 times
-
PuzzleScot
- Site Admin
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: Fri 18 Jun, 2010 10:45 pm
- Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Re: Only Connect
9/10 here - I can't find a name that parses for the group containing 15.
(I believe Only Connect has a thread somewhere else around these parts, but no worries)
(I believe Only Connect has a thread somewhere else around these parts, but no worries)
Re: Only Connect
Excellent - although it might be helpful to have a blank as one of the options for one of the shapes.
Might try it with one of my classes next week.
Might try it with one of my classes next week.
-
AndreyBogdanov
- Posts: 34
- Joined: Tue 10 Aug, 2010 5:49 pm
- Location: Moscow
Re: Only Connect
I like it.
Only there is a mistape in the puzzle - two numbers 45. I think there should be 78 instead one of them.
Only there is a mistape in the puzzle - two numbers 45. I think there should be 78 instead one of them.
Re: Only Connect
yes well spotted on the error,
heres the corrected version
heres the corrected version
- Attachments
-
- Connect1.xls
- (41.83 KiB) Downloaded 1696 times
Re: Only Connect
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triangular_numberPuzzleScot wrote:9/10 here - I can't find a name that parses for the group containing 15.
(I believe Only Connect has a thread somewhere else around these parts, but no worries)
Re: Only Connect
BBC4 this evening:
Well done for mentioning the puzzle championships Neil but commiserations for having such lousy luck. You had the first choice and it all seemed to go wrong from there. My wife and I love this show and we couldn't help but noticing that the 'other' sides questions were nearly always easier, more logical, or 'obvious' from the first go - unlike most shows where good/bad luck is more proportionally shared out. And they definitely had an 'easier' wall than you - when they went first and chose - ouch.
For those of you who want to see torture in action it's on http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01n8hl7 for the next three months! and on BBC4 at 1:00am Tuesday morning...
Well done for mentioning the puzzle championships Neil but commiserations for having such lousy luck. You had the first choice and it all seemed to go wrong from there. My wife and I love this show and we couldn't help but noticing that the 'other' sides questions were nearly always easier, more logical, or 'obvious' from the first go - unlike most shows where good/bad luck is more proportionally shared out. And they definitely had an 'easier' wall than you - when they went first and chose - ouch.
For those of you who want to see torture in action it's on http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01n8hl7 for the next three months! and on BBC4 at 1:00am Tuesday morning...
Re: Only Connect
Thanks Ken; I agree that they had far easier questions than us- pretty much everyone who's seen it has said that, and they can't all be trying to make us feel better! Having said that, the other team did deserve to win, they were better than us, and their captain was a machine. I was a split second behind on every missing vowels question, you can actually see it very clearly on the video. Hopefully they'll win the series.
Re: Only Connect
Agreed with everyone else. I thought your team were very good indeed, and you played the game in the way that I (for one) like to see it played - lots of good attempts at puzzles, lots of close misses and being on the right lines. Fingers crossed that you get a chance at a Connecting Wall night or similar some day...
-
PuzzleScot
- Site Admin
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: Fri 18 Jun, 2010 10:45 pm
- Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Re: Only Connect
Surely your team set the record for most button presses on the final wall?!