Page 1 of 1
2026 UK Sudoku Championship
Posted: Tue 21 Apr, 2026 8:49 am
by Calump
This is the discussion thread for the 2026 UK Sudoku Championship.
Duration: 2 hours
Dates: Friday 22nd - Monday 25th May 2026
Contest Page:
https://www.ukpuzzles.org/contests.php?contestid=75
Instruction Booklet: [to add]
Please post any questions about the competition here.
The puzzles are currently going through testing for difficulty level and calibration of points, I hope to get the instruction booklet out within the next week or so.
Re: 2026 UK Sudoku Championship
Posted: Sat 16 May, 2026 9:17 am
by Calump
The instruction booklet has now been uploaded to the contest page.
https://www.ukpuzzles.org/contests.php?contestid=75
Re: 2026 UK Sudoku Championship
Posted: Sun 17 May, 2026 10:52 am
by pinkagape
Not sure if this is the best place, but how do we get started on the example Search Nearest Nine? I got the 9 right in the centre, which I thought was very elegant, but I can’t get anything else.
Re: 2026 UK Sudoku Championship
Posted: Sun 17 May, 2026 8:05 pm
by Calump
pinkagape wrote: ↑Sun 17 May, 2026 10:52 am
Not sure if this is the best place, but how do we get started on the example Search Nearest Nine? I got the 9 right in the centre, which I thought was very elegant, but I can’t get anything else.
The break-in involves the diagonal arrows in boxes 2,4,6 and 8 and how they interact with box 5.
To be specific, r1c5 and r5c1 have to be different, so one of them needs to be a 1.
Re: 2026 UK Sudoku Championship
Posted: Mon 18 May, 2026 2:12 pm
by jonsav
I find most Sudoku variants to be new to me.
Re: 2026 UK Sudoku Championship
Posted: Mon 18 May, 2026 7:16 pm
by pinkagape
Chapeau, Calum. That’s really elegant. Took me a while to break that down even after you told me where to look. Really enjoyed that.
Re: 2026 UK Sudoku Championship
Posted: Fri 22 May, 2026 1:05 pm
by Calump
Contest starts in about 1 hour, good luck everyone!
Re: 2026 UK Sudoku Championship
Posted: Sun 24 May, 2026 1:32 pm
by Glosna
Is it too late to join? If not for some reason I can’t registered…
Re: 2026 UK Sudoku Championship
Posted: Sun 24 May, 2026 8:06 pm
by puzzlemad
Hi Glosna, as you are able to post on the forum you are registered so you should be able to take part.
Re: 2026 UK Sudoku Championship
Posted: Wed 27 May, 2026 5:11 pm
by Calump
Results and solutions now posted, thanks everyone for taking part! Hope you enjoyed the puzzles
Many thanks to Liane and Tom for their help in the competition setup.
Re: 2026 UK Sudoku Championship
Posted: Wed 27 May, 2026 7:10 pm
by david mcneill
Great puzzles. Thank you Calum.
Re: 2026 UK Sudoku Championship
Posted: Wed 27 May, 2026 10:10 pm
by detuned
Congrats Freddie, and great to see a leaderboard featuring David and Sam as well. Having been under the weather I'm very pleased to have a clean submission, even if not quite a clean solve. I suppose if you're going to make mistakes it's better to know about them!