Page 1 of 1

2025 UK Puzzle Championship

Posted: Mon 16 Jun, 2025 3:55 pm
by puzzlemad
This is the discussion thread for the 2025 UK Puzzle Championship.

Duration: Two rounds both 90 mins long
Dates: Friday 27th - Monday 30th June 2025
Contest Pages: Round 1: https://www.ukpuzzles.org/contests.php?contestid=73
Round 2: https://www.ukpuzzles.org/contests.php?contestid=74
Instruction Booklet: Now available from either competition thread. Points still to be finalised.

Please post any questions about the competition here.

Re: 2025 UK Puzzle Championship

Posted: Mon 23 Jun, 2025 3:58 am
by pinkagape
These look exciting! Thanks Liane!

Are the examples for Pentopia Missing Arrows and Sum Box correct? I don’t see any missing arrows in the former and I might just be mixing myself up, but I thought I did a Sum Box the other day and it was nothing like the puzzle shown for Sum Box here.

Re: 2025 UK Puzzle Championship

Posted: Mon 23 Jun, 2025 5:50 am
by puzzlemad
pinkagape wrote: ↑Mon 23 Jun, 2025 3:58 am These look exciting! Thanks Liane!

Are the examples for Pentopia Missing Arrows and Sum Box correct? I don’t see any missing arrows in the former and I might just be mixing myself up, but I thought I did a Sum Box the other day and it was nothing like the puzzle shown for Sum Box here.
Pentopia MA Eg.jpg
Pentopia MA Eg.jpg (34.85 KiB) Viewed 147179 times
Apologies for that - correct Pentopia Missing Arrows example here - will put in the main booklet.
Sum Box is the correct example. It is the name that the author sent with the puzzle and their example too.

Re: 2025 UK Puzzle Championship

Posted: Mon 23 Jun, 2025 6:50 am
by pinkagape
Thanks for the quick response.

Re: 2025 UK Puzzle Championship

Posted: Mon 23 Jun, 2025 9:03 am
by kiwijam
Magic Pyramid: Is 23451 also a valid answer?

Re: 2025 UK Puzzle Championship

Posted: Mon 23 Jun, 2025 1:33 pm
by puzzlemad
kiwijam wrote: ↑Mon 23 Jun, 2025 9:03 am Magic Pyramid: Is 23451 also a valid answer?
Correct. The competition puzzle is unique

Re: 2025 UK Puzzle Championship

Posted: Tue 24 Jun, 2025 10:38 am
by puzzlemad
Points now added to the IB and the correct example for the Pentomino (Missing Arrows) added.

Re: 2025 UK Puzzle Championship

Posted: Sun 29 Jun, 2025 11:01 am
by professorX
Is the kropki scrabble puzzle correct for sure? I keep breaking it ...

Re: 2025 UK Puzzle Championship

Posted: Sun 29 Jun, 2025 11:31 am
by kiwijam
Yes, it has a unique solution.
We can share it with you after the contest ends.
It was my favourite puzzle of the set.

Re: 2025 UK Puzzle Championship

Posted: Mon 30 Jun, 2025 12:59 pm
by professorX
Solved it! Good puzzle

Although I wouldn't agree on the wording of the rules .... it could be better worded 😀

Re: 2025 UK Puzzle Championship

Posted: Thu 10 Jul, 2025 8:28 pm
by jeremiahsjohnson
I agree, I got to the Kropki solution - which was impressive - eventually but spent a lot of time during the puzzle wondering whether a portion of a word between two dots was considered a 'segment' - so therefore the words going between two white dots would have to be five letters long to be 2-1-2. Unfortunately the instructions did not disambiguate.