Page 1 of 1
UKPA Open Sudoku and Puzzle Tournament 2025
Posted: Sat 22 Feb, 2025 1:17 pm
by puzzlemad
The booklets for the individual rounds for the Sudoku and Puzzle Tournaments are now available although timings and points have still to be finalised. I'm hoping to be able to finalise the points and times by Monday. If anyone has any queries, please post questions here making it clear which round/puzzle you are querying.
As always, we've got some fantastic people that kindly provide wonderful sets of puzzles for you all to enjoy at the tournament. This includes the PAKO Puzzle Club from Turkie whose students are aged between 11 and 13.
For those that are attending the Puzzle Event, don't forget that the venue has changed for the Sunday to ARK King Solomon Academy.
Re: UKPA Open Sudoku and Puzzle Tournament 2025
Posted: Sat 22 Feb, 2025 7:06 pm
by puzzlemad
Sudoku Round 2 Product Arrows has the wrong solution (Don't worry it's not the solution of the competition puzzle). I will correct this when I add the points to the booklet.
Re: UKPA Open Sudoku and Puzzle Tournament 2025
Posted: Sat 22 Feb, 2025 8:50 pm
by gareth
The slitherlink example in round 1 has no solution - and the one given isn’t valid (see the 1 at bottom-left).
Same for the star battle.
Re: UKPA Open Sudoku and Puzzle Tournament 2025
Posted: Sat 22 Feb, 2025 9:30 pm
by puzzlemad
Ah, I've redrawn them as the one I've been using for years looked a bit fuzzy -the 1 in the slitherlink should be a 0 and the star battle should have a bold line on the bottom row between columns 4 & 5. I will correct in the version when the points are added.
Re: UKPA Open Sudoku and Puzzle Tournament 2025
Posted: Sun 23 Feb, 2025 11:51 am
by Calump
The Crocodile Hunters is missing a rule about all cells needing to contain a rope.
And the solution for the Barns Hex appears to be upside down?
Re: UKPA Open Sudoku and Puzzle Tournament 2025
Posted: Sun 23 Feb, 2025 5:42 pm
by puzzlemad
Thanks Calum, those will be amended in the next IBs too. If anyone else spots anything, please shout.
Re: UKPA Open Sudoku and Puzzle Tournament 2025
Posted: Mon 24 Feb, 2025 4:26 pm
by puzzlemad
The Instruction Booklets have now been updated with timings and points. There area a couple of puzzles in the puzzle event that haven't got points assigned yet.
I've attached an errata list too as I've made a number of tweaks to correct things that were wrong or to clarify instructions etc.
V2 of Puzzle Round 5 now added with the points in

Re: UKPA Open Sudoku and Puzzle Tournament 2025
Posted: Mon 24 Feb, 2025 8:03 pm
by sidg99
Sudoku IB R3 - Deficit Sudoku - The rules should read, "...each marked 6 cell region contains each number at least most once".
Re: UKPA Open Sudoku and Puzzle Tournament 2025
Posted: Mon 24 Feb, 2025 8:50 pm
by DavidC
Sudoku IB R3 - Surplus Sudoku - I think R2C4 should be 2 rather than 3
Re: UKPA Open Sudoku and Puzzle Tournament 2025
Posted: Tue 25 Feb, 2025 9:54 am
by puzzlemad
Sidg99 and DavidC - you are both correct.
We've also spotted some other things that required amendment so all amended booklets attached along with the errata list.
Re: UKPA Open Sudoku and Puzzle Tournament 2025
Posted: Wed 26 Feb, 2025 6:19 pm
by puzzlemad
Points now added for the final two puzzles. - Puzzle Round 1 puzzle 8 - 28 points, Puzzle Round 4 puzzle 2 - 70 points.
Points also amended for Puzzle Round 1 puzzles 23 and 24 - points now 42 and 50 respectively.
Re: UKPA Open Sudoku and Puzzle Tournament 2025
Posted: Wed 05 Mar, 2025 11:19 am
by puzzlemad
Huge thanks to all our authors, testers, volunteers and of course the competitors that made this Open Tournament the largest yet.
I've heard back from some of the authors that are happy for me to share their rounds here for everyone to enjoy.
Information about the results is in the announcements thread.
I will not be able to share Sudoku Round 1 as they will be published elsewhere.
Here are the booklets so far.
Re: UKPA Open Sudoku and Puzzle Tournament 2025
Posted: Wed 05 Mar, 2025 7:14 pm
by kamallohia
Thanks for this treasure.
What about Puzzle round 2 and Sudoku round 5?
Re: UKPA Open Sudoku and Puzzle Tournament 2025
Posted: Thu 06 Mar, 2025 10:18 am
by puzzlemad
kamallohia wrote: ↑Wed 05 Mar, 2025 7:14 pm
Thanks for this treasure.
What about Puzzle round 2 and Sudoku round 5?
Hi, I'm just waiting to hear back from the authors - which I have now for Puzzle round 2.
Re: UKPA Open Sudoku and Puzzle Tournament 2025
Posted: Sun 09 Mar, 2025 10:01 am
by puzzlemad
Final Sudoku round now attached.