Heads-up: Firefox 4 RC prevents all keyboard input in croco-puzzle applet
Starting two days ago, I started a puzzle and discovered that the
keyboard inputs were completely ignored by the java applet. I clicked to
give the applet focus (a common problem), but this didn't help. I
finished the puzzle with mouse-only.
I've now switched back and forth from Firefox 3.6.15 to the
Firefox 4 Release Candidate, and I can confirm that under Firefox 4, the
*second* puzzle you solve--and all subsequent puzzles done without
restarting firefox--ignores keyboard input.
Let me be very specific about the sequence of events required:
1) Kill all running Firefox applications
2) Start Firefox 4
3) Open a new tab
4) Go to
http://croco-puzzle.de/Ue-Raetsel/ue-raetsel1.php (Nicht angemeldet)
5) Click on Initialisieren (puzzle starts immediately)
6) Note that keyboard input works correctly
7) Click on U-Raetsel 2
8) Click on Initialisieren (again, puzzle starts immediately)
9) Now: no keyboard input works at all! Aah!
10) Downgrade to Firefox 3.6.15 to get applet working again
I should point out that I have *no idea* whether the problem is a bug in Firefox, a bug in the croco-puzzle applet, or simply one of those unspecified-behavior-changing-oops issues, but it may be easier to change croco-puzzle than to change Firefox...
Let me know if there's another place I should be submitting this report; this appears to be the de facto English-language croco-puzzle forum.
Thanks!