2018 Puzzle GP
2018 Puzzle GP
A thread for the 2018 Series of the WPF's flagship online competition, under the continued directorship of Wei-Hwa Huang. The rather confusion A/B/C divisions business has been lost, which is perhaps a pity but is probably also understandable given the extra strain it put on contributing authors.
The 1st round starts next weekend (9th-12th February), instructions now available: http://gp.worldpuzzle.org/content/puzzle-gp
The 1st round starts next weekend (9th-12th February), instructions now available: http://gp.worldpuzzle.org/content/puzzle-gp
For the latest UK puzzle news direct to your inbox, please consider joining the UK Puzzle Association's mailing list:
https://groups.google.com/g/ukpa-newsletter
https://groups.google.com/g/ukpa-newsletter
Re: 2018 Puzzle GP
Taking a look at the rules, there's an additional tweak in that people are invited to nominate exceptional puzzle designs within the contest for recognition. Some of the wording in the rules seems a shade confusing, but I really like the general principle behind it, and fingers firmly crossed that there are many excellent contenders from which to choose!
Re: 2018 Puzzle GP
That was definitely easy to miss! How does the mechanism for that work? Via an email? Or a webform?
Once again the GP website proves to be as clear as mud....
Once again the GP website proves to be as clear as mud....
For the latest UK puzzle news direct to your inbox, please consider joining the UK Puzzle Association's mailing list:
https://groups.google.com/g/ukpa-newsletter
https://groups.google.com/g/ukpa-newsletter
-
PuzzleScot
- Site Admin
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: Fri 18 Jun, 2010 10:45 pm
- Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Re: 2018 Puzzle GP
I was disappointed to miss it. An email a day or two before the event would have been a nice reminder.
Re: 2018 Puzzle GP
Dates in the original post were wrong (I copy and pasted from the Sudoku gp thread) - you haven’t missed anything yet Alan. 1st round is 9th to 12th of Feb
For the latest UK puzzle news direct to your inbox, please consider joining the UK Puzzle Association's mailing list:
https://groups.google.com/g/ukpa-newsletter
https://groups.google.com/g/ukpa-newsletter
-
PuzzleScot
- Site Admin
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: Fri 18 Jun, 2010 10:45 pm
- Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Re: 2018 Puzzle GP
Yay. I see it's a single paper this year. cool.
So I have the IB now, but just remembered my printer is knackered. (the drum needs replacing). groan...
So I have the IB now, but just remembered my printer is knackered. (the drum needs replacing). groan...
Re: 2018 Puzzle GP
Round 2 is currently running.
Re: 2018 Puzzle GP
Round 3 this weekend - India
For the latest UK puzzle news direct to your inbox, please consider joining the UK Puzzle Association's mailing list:
https://groups.google.com/g/ukpa-newsletter
https://groups.google.com/g/ukpa-newsletter
Re: 2018 Puzzle GP
Round 4 is this weekend- Czech Republic. Might be good practise for the WPC in November!
Re: 2018 Puzzle GP
I didn't get chance over the weekend as I had a horse event on - can anyone let me have the password for the puzzle booklet please? Ta