Search found 61 matches
- Tue 30 Sep, 2025 11:29 am
- Forum: Puzzle Competitions
- Topic: WSPC 2025
- Replies: 24
- Views: 400229
Re: WSPC 2025
Congratulations Freddie and the team, what an amazing performance!
- Wed 08 Jun, 2022 10:43 pm
- Forum: Puzzle Competitions
- Topic: Division C and B 2021-22
- Replies: 33
- Views: 124526
Re: Division C and B 2021-22
Wow, that really did end up a close thing. I thought the final round puzzles would be up my street but broke quite a few of them.
Thanks for all your work organising the leagues Adam, it was fun to play.
Thanks for all your work organising the leagues Adam, it was fun to play.
- Thu 10 Mar, 2022 12:01 am
- Forum: Puzzle Competitions
- Topic: Division C and B 2021-22
- Replies: 33
- Views: 124526
Re: Division C and B 2021-22
Well, I suddenly realised the solution to the puzzle I failed on the drive back from the cinema this evening. Good job subconscious.
Congratulations to Jeff, who still would have won on time with that solve added.
Congratulations to Jeff, who still would have won on time with that solve added.
- Thu 17 Jun, 2021 4:53 pm
- Forum: Puzzle Competitions
- Topic: UK Sudoku Championship 2021
- Replies: 9
- Views: 26709
Re: UK Sudoku Championship 2021
Thanks for organising this Sam. I am enjoying working through those I didn't solve in the time given. The odd-even-big-small was very elegant.
- Sun 15 Oct, 2017 11:38 pm
- Forum: Announcements
- Topic: Best wishes for the World Championships
- Replies: 5
- Views: 32367
Re: Best wishes for the World Championships
Best of luck all
- Mon 26 Jun, 2017 10:53 pm
- Forum: General Puzzle Discussions
- Topic: New Zealand puzzle team
- Replies: 10
- Views: 48506
Re: New Zealand puzzle team
Nice tips James, even if the reporter does appear to have struggled with counting them 
- Thu 06 Oct, 2016 9:59 pm
- Forum: Puzzle Competitions
- Topic: [SOTR] Nikoli Hurdles 4
- Replies: 7
- Views: 32327
Re: [SOTR] Nikoli Hurdles 4
The same combination of quality construction and some unusual type selection that I've come to expect from Tawan.
Thanks for another fun set of puzzles.
Thanks for another fun set of puzzles.
- Wed 29 Jun, 2016 12:21 pm
- Forum: Announcements
- Topic: UKPC Results and 2016 UK WPC Team
- Replies: 7
- Views: 44530
Re: UKPC Results and 2016 UK WPC Team
Thank you to the puzzle authors, testers and organiser. Really enjoyed the filled pentomino type and the hidoku/slitherlink layouts worked nicely.
- Sun 08 Nov, 2015 11:29 pm
- Forum: Puzzle Competitions
- Topic: [SOTR] Nikoli Hurdles 3
- Replies: 9
- Views: 33641
Re: [SOTR] Nikoli Hurdles 3
Some very nice puzzle as usual from Tawan. Thanks for your efforts.
Good to see some of the less common Nikoli types, with perhaps the exception of the final puzzle where I will be happy to not see its like again.
Good to see some of the less common Nikoli types, with perhaps the exception of the final puzzle where I will be happy to not see its like again.
- Mon 19 Oct, 2015 12:26 pm
- Forum: Announcements
- Topic: UK wins the senior category for WSC and WPC
- Replies: 12
- Views: 55331
Re: UK wins the senior category for WSC and WPC
Congrats David. Very nice double.
- Thu 02 Jul, 2015 7:54 am
- Forum: Puzzle Competitions
- Topic: UK Puzzle Championship 2015
- Replies: 20
- Views: 76485
Re: UK Puzzle Championship 2015
Congrats to those who qualified. Nice selection of puzzles, both triple block and abc yajilin were great variants I enjoyed solving. Thanks to all the constructors, testers and organisers.
- Tue 16 Jun, 2015 11:59 am
- Forum: Announcements
- Topic: 2015 UK Puzzle Championship
- Replies: 6
- Views: 30487
Re: 2015 UK Puzzle Championship
Excellent. Thanks Alan.
- Mon 15 Jun, 2015 7:57 pm
- Forum: Announcements
- Topic: 2015 UK Puzzle Championship
- Replies: 6
- Views: 30487
Re: 2015 UK Puzzle Championship
Can I assume the contest will run Friday afternoon to late Monday evening? If not I'm going to struggle to compete, it's an unfortunate weekend for me.
- Sun 12 Apr, 2015 4:21 pm
- Forum: Puzzle Competitions
- Topic: Riad Khanmagomedov's April Contest — 3rd to 11th April 2015
- Replies: 3
- Views: 15770
Re: Riad Khanmagomedov's April Contest — 3rd to 11th April 2
Congratulations James. Another great result.
- Tue 17 Mar, 2015 10:35 am
- Forum: Puzzle Competitions
- Topic: 2015 Puzzle GP
- Replies: 59
- Views: 192179
Re: 2015 Puzzle GP
Also this weekend I won't have to enter answer keys, which is good given I managed to botch 3 this round including some I'd 'double checked'
Really liked the all black Castle Wall.
Really liked the all black Castle Wall.
- Thu 05 Mar, 2015 6:28 pm
- Forum: Puzzle Competitions
- Topic: Puzzle Marathon 2015 - LMI
- Replies: 14
- Views: 45113
Re: Puzzle Marathon 2015 - LMI
I shall guess Meandering Numbers purely because I like the type.
- Tue 30 Sep, 2014 10:40 am
- Forum: Puzzle Competitions
- Topic: Tawan S's Nikoli Hurdles II
- Replies: 5
- Views: 21386
Re: Tawan S's Nikoli Hurdles II
Up to the usual Tawan high standard. Some nice less common types in the second half. I'd also put 6 & 8 as the standouts.
- Tue 02 Sep, 2014 6:18 pm
- Forum: Puzzle Competitions
- Topic: LMI - August Beginners Puzzle Contest (28/8 - 2/9/14)
- Replies: 3
- Views: 15930
Re: LMI - August Beginners Puzzle Contest (28/8 - 2/9/14)
The unexplained variants worked neatly with the puzzle types.
It was certainly nice for me to see a Yajilin contest. That's gonna be about the only time you'll see me ahead of James in a puzzle leaderboard
It was certainly nice for me to see a Yajilin contest. That's gonna be about the only time you'll see me ahead of James in a puzzle leaderboard
- Sat 30 Aug, 2014 12:22 am
- Forum: Daily Puzzles
- Topic: Hausigel's Daily Puzzles
- Replies: 3
- Views: 128103
Re: Hausigel's Daily Puzzles
Works fine in Firefox; empty page in Safari. 
- Wed 28 May, 2014 8:26 pm
- Forum: Puzzle Competitions
- Topic: UKPA Puzzle Championship 2014
- Replies: 34
- Views: 116725
Re: UKPA Puzzle Championship 2014
A fine set of puzzles. Gemini Loop and Kurotto were my favourites. Thanks to all involved in creating and running the contest.
- Sat 24 May, 2014 7:25 am
- Forum: Puzzle Competitions
- Topic: Japanese Number Place & Puzzle Championships
- Replies: 2
- Views: 13888
Re: Japanese Number Place & Puzzle Championships
The puzzles were a really fun set with lots of new (to me at least) types.
Puzzles 2/4 were a nice example of culture advantage/disadvantage.
Point allocation seemed rather questionable overall but the answer codes were very user friendly.
Definitely recommended.
Puzzles 2/4 were a nice example of culture advantage/disadvantage.
Point allocation seemed rather questionable overall but the answer codes were very user friendly.
Definitely recommended.
- Sat 19 Apr, 2014 11:43 pm
- Forum: Puzzle Links
- Topic: nikoli.com
- Replies: 23
- Views: 170543
Re: nikoli.com
Well I wasn't expecting it to be Hitori and certainly not with that ugly solve but I'll take itdetuned wrote:if you keep plugging away at them you'll end up winning one sooner or later!
- Tue 08 Apr, 2014 4:24 pm
- Forum: Puzzle Competitions
- Topic: [SOTR] Anchors Aweigh
- Replies: 2
- Views: 15837
Re: [SOTR] Anchors Aweigh
I can recommend these puzzles even to those who are not big fans of battleships. Solves flowed well and round 2 was particularly nice.
- Sun 16 Mar, 2014 6:27 pm
- Forum: General Puzzle Discussions
- Topic: Sunday Express today (16th March)
- Replies: 1
- Views: 13441
Re: Sunday Express today (16th March)
A nice variety of puzzles. Thanks for the heads up.
- Tue 04 Mar, 2014 12:36 pm
- Forum: Puzzle Competitions
- Topic: 2014 WPF Puzzle Grand Prix
- Replies: 54
- Views: 192631
Re: 2014 WPF Puzzle Grand Prix
Really impressive UK showing, especially Neil.
I found the answer keys to be rather onerous. I'm not surprised I botched one also.
I found the answer keys to be rather onerous. I'm not surprised I botched one also.