Search found 73 matches
- Fri 12 Oct, 2012 10:43 pm
- Forum: Puzzle Competitions
- Topic: Team UK at the WPC
- Replies: 26
- Views: 120269
Re: Team UK at the WPC
As far as I remember it was pwahs (Philipp) from our team who brought this up and helped us quite a lot with this puzzle...
- Tue 15 Nov, 2011 3:13 pm
- Forum: Puzzle Links
- Topic: croco-puzzle
- Replies: 696
- Views: 2455927
Re: croco-puzzle
That's strange wording, implying members of croco-puzzle can NOT participate in the Prize puzzle? (Unless this means 'staff'?) It does indeed mean staff. The wording is relatively the same that is used in all such purposes (like lotteries in magazines and such) so it's immediately clear for native ...
- Tue 15 Nov, 2011 12:42 pm
- Forum: Puzzle Links
- Topic: croco-puzzle
- Replies: 696
- Views: 2455927
Re: croco-puzzle
I'm not sure if I understand your posting correctly. Do you mean that you are currently not able to do the Preisrätsel? Because the text you're quoting is there in every case regardless of the puzzle working or not. Also the expulsion is usually done at the time of the lottery not when you try to so...
- Sat 12 Nov, 2011 12:59 pm
- Forum: Puzzle Competitions
- Topic: Updates from Eger
- Replies: 47
- Views: 128427
Re: Updates from Eger
He made it to the final as 10th but I don't know where he finished. I think somewhere between 8-10.
- Sat 13 Aug, 2011 10:53 pm
- Forum: Puzzle Links
- Topic: croco-puzzle
- Replies: 696
- Views: 2455927
Re: croco-puzzle
Interestingly enough, I tried croco on this computer again for the first time in a few days, and the java thing seems to have cleared up by itself. Very odd! If I remember correctly a problem mentioned in the German forum was that the java part of the browser has its own cache which is not (necessa...
- Sat 14 May, 2011 12:28 pm
- Forum: Puzzle Links
- Topic: croco-puzzle
- Replies: 696
- Views: 2455927
Re: croco-puzzle
The whole RXCY seems to be a fairly conventional thing for sudoku,... I've no idea about conventions but I do know that I definitely prefer the RXCY. With the alternative I always have to double check if the letters are for rows or columns and which letter corresponds with which number. So RYCY is ...
- Thu 17 Mar, 2011 5:12 pm
- Forum: Puzzle Links
- Topic: croco-puzzle
- Replies: 696
- Views: 2455927
Re: croco-puzzle
Sure... First thing to look at are always the greater numbers. In this case horizontally "3" and vertically "2". When there is an odd number of columns/rows this often places the first letters automatically. In this case when looking at the horizontal "3"s we have to us...
- Thu 17 Mar, 2011 1:18 am
- Forum: Puzzle Links
- Topic: croco-puzzle
- Replies: 696
- Views: 2455927
Re: croco-puzzle
I may need some time off puzzles - they're meant to be relaxing, but they're stressing me, and not for the first time. Not looking at the rating list might help. I haven't looked there since last november or so and it still feels better. Although the last few days there were some ... suboptimal puz...
- Wed 16 Mar, 2011 10:58 pm
- Forum: Puzzle Links
- Topic: croco-puzzle
- Replies: 696
- Views: 2455927
Re: croco-puzzle
Well, as the bug appeared the first time (other browsers aside) with Firefox 3.6.14 and no longer appeared with the next version, published very shortly afterwards, I'm still hopeful. Why change something and then change it back directly unless there's a reason!? So I hope the reason was that the bu...
- Sun 13 Mar, 2011 12:37 pm
- Forum: Puzzle Links
- Topic: croco-puzzle
- Replies: 696
- Views: 2455927
Re: croco-puzzle
Posting here should suffice as berni is also following this thread. The problem you described seems to be similar to a problem that was part of the second last (?... the one before the last) firefox update. It was corrected shortly after this by the last firefox update. So it seems to be a bug that ...
- Thu 10 Mar, 2011 4:04 pm
- Forum: Puzzle Links
- Topic: croco-puzzle
- Replies: 696
- Views: 2455927
Re: croco-puzzle
So my question is basically, huh? How is the red score worked out? As a mathematician, I figure I should be able to understand it, but if it is, as I understand it, an average of the last 200 somethings, surely my red line score should be roughly 3? Just add up the rating of your last 200 in which ...
- Sat 05 Mar, 2011 10:56 am
- Forum: Puzzle Links
- Topic: croco-puzzle
- Replies: 696
- Views: 2455927
Re: croco-puzzle
Thank you. Never would have guessed that.ronaldx wrote:ETA in this case is '[post] edited to add' (but, I haven't seen that usage either)
- Sat 05 Mar, 2011 2:28 am
- Forum: Puzzle Competitions
- Topic: Tapa Variations Contest VII (5-6 March)
- Replies: 6
- Views: 23604
Re: Tapa Variations Contest VII (5-6 March)
Well, all programs I have available (Safari, Preview and Adobe Acrobat Professional) agreed that the password only provided reading rights. Having created PDFs for contest myself I know that there can be a different password for reading and printing ("admin password"). Why another player w...
- Sat 05 Mar, 2011 12:16 am
- Forum: Puzzle Competitions
- Topic: Tapa Variations Contest VII (5-6 March)
- Replies: 6
- Views: 23604
Re: Tapa Variations Contest VII (5-6 March)
Warning: Right now the contest file is not printable with the password given to you when starting the contest. I've posted at LMI about it...
- Fri 04 Mar, 2011 10:47 pm
- Forum: Puzzle Links
- Topic: croco-puzzle
- Replies: 696
- Views: 2455927
Re: croco-puzzle
As there must be 4 stars in the two top rows R3C3-4 must be empty. Thanks, Nils, but this is the bit that I don't get. Hope, there's enough time to check it out after my posting or that someone made a screenshot... The 4 stars in 2 rows part is directly deducted from the rules. Now after R2C5 must ...
- Thu 03 Mar, 2011 11:12 pm
- Forum: Puzzle Links
- Topic: croco-puzzle
- Replies: 696
- Views: 2455927
Re: croco-puzzle
In the following RxCy means row x, column y. Obviously the following fields must be empty: R8C4+6+8, R9C4+6+8, R3C2, R5C2, R8C2 Because of the lower right area R1-3C9 must be empty. Then R2C5 must be empty. As there must be 4 stars in the two top rows R3C3-4 must be empty. Then R1C2+4 and R2C2+4 mus...
- Thu 03 Mar, 2011 10:22 pm
- Forum: Puzzle Links
- Topic: croco-puzzle
- Replies: 696
- Views: 2455927
Re: croco-puzzle
Should be no problem...
- Thu 03 Mar, 2011 2:07 am
- Forum: Puzzle Links
- Topic: croco-puzzle
- Replies: 696
- Views: 2455927
Re: croco-puzzle
Well, I'm generally annoyed by nearly all Kakuro-times
. I guess I really have to train using the NumPad or else I'll never get even close to these...
- Sat 26 Feb, 2011 6:16 pm
- Forum: Puzzle Links
- Topic: croco-puzzle
- Replies: 696
- Views: 2455927
Re: croco-puzzle
Only the ones of the previous day by logging out.PuzzleScot wrote:Berni/Calavera, Is it possible to replay old daily puzzles?
- Sat 26 Feb, 2011 2:21 pm
- Forum: Puzzle Links
- Topic: croco-puzzle
- Replies: 696
- Views: 2455927
Re: croco-puzzle
I'm not entirely sure but I think that he's SenorDido on crocopuzzle. He's definitely still active as he's reached 7th place in last years Logic Masters.PuzzleScot wrote:Talking of potential German participants - Is Marian Kraus still puzzling? I got on very well with him at two WPCs...
- Sat 26 Feb, 2011 12:33 pm
- Forum: Puzzle Links
- Topic: croco-puzzle
- Replies: 696
- Views: 2455927
Re: croco-puzzle
I hope with the inclusion of B teams, Roland makes it this year. In the last years the reason Roland didn't participate in the WPCs wasn't that there's only one team. He simply didn't take part in the qualifier and thus also not in the Logic Masters whose first four places are sent to the WPC. As s...
- Mon 21 Feb, 2011 9:44 pm
- Forum: Puzzle Links
- Topic: croco-puzzle
- Replies: 696
- Views: 2455927
Re: croco-puzzle
I don't remember ever checking the relevant box so I can't say anything about that.
But I have a wild guess about how the problem might occur: If you post again in the subscribed thread without checking the notification option the forum might unsubscribe you from the thread. Just a theory though...
But I have a wild guess about how the problem might occur: If you post again in the subscribed thread without checking the notification option the forum might unsubscribe you from the thread. Just a theory though...
- Fri 18 Feb, 2011 11:27 am
- Forum: Puzzle Links
- Topic: croco-puzzle
- Replies: 696
- Views: 2455927
Re: croco-puzzle
Lesson Number 3: You don't have to mark empty squares as such on Heyawake, unlike Japanese Sums. Is there a list on the site somewhere of individual rules, or should I just experiment with the prize puzzles? Once more I can only recommend the puzzle-wiki I linked on the previous page. If you look a...
- Thu 17 Feb, 2011 11:41 pm
- Forum: Puzzle Links
- Topic: croco-puzzle
- Replies: 696
- Views: 2455927
Re: croco-puzzle
OK, there's something here I'm not quite clear on and would appreciate an explanation, please. When the median time is calculated, for the purpose of setting the 1500 level of performance, are Fehlversuch five-minute penalties included? Second question: on the techdata page, what do the figures mea...
- Thu 17 Feb, 2011 7:08 pm
- Forum: Puzzle Links
- Topic: croco-puzzle
- Replies: 696
- Views: 2455927
Re: croco-puzzle
By the way, is there an explanation as to how the scoring works on Croco - Puzzle, along with this kyu/Dan business? Might be nice to be able to gauge how long it will take me to climb the greasy pole. Yes, there is, although I'm not sure if it was already explained here. So here is the short versi...