Daily Skyscrapers Puzzle

Links to puzzle sites all around the web
Hausigel

Daily Skyscrapers Puzzle

Post by Hausigel » Thu 10 Jul, 2014 6:03 pm

Hi folks,
there is a new section on my homepage which includes a Daily Puzzle which can be solved in an applet (follow the link near the bottom of the page linked below). I wrote the applet myself; it is not signed, so your browser might send you a warning which you have to override manually. If you find any bugs, please let me know. All the puzzles are handmade; there is no registration, and there are no prizes to win. Enjoy!
http://www.hausigel.de/rdt/
Hausigel

Hausigel

Re: Daily Skyscrapers Puzzle

Post by Hausigel » Sat 30 Aug, 2014 10:00 am

Hi,
the test phase of the Daily Puzzle applet ends tomorrow; the DP officially starts on Monday (September 1st).
In case you are not able to solve the puzzles on the respective day, they will remain available in PDF files (probably delayed by a couple of days). Furthermore, a weekly discussion of the DP is planned on my blog.
Enjoy the puzzles!
Hausigel

wiiwierdo

Post by wiiwierdo » Mon 01 Sep, 2014 6:52 pm

Do you have an expert time for today's puzzle?

I'm personally really looking forward to doing these each day, haven't done many Skyscrapers nor do I particularly enjoy them, so figure this'll be a good way to hone my skills.

I did today's 5x5 in 276 seconds, which I was pretty happy with.

Finally, I wish you the best of luck in keeping up this project as long as possible!

Hausigel

Post by Hausigel » Tue 02 Sep, 2014 7:42 am

Hi there,
thanks for your feedback.
I find it counterproductive to release expected solving times before the actual solving; many solvers - including myself - adapt their solving strategies if they know what time to expect / to beat. Thus I am planning to publish the expert's times after each week on my blog, probably with a brief discussion of the past puzzles.
Hausigel

Hausigel

Post by Hausigel » Mon 08 Sep, 2014 11:05 am

Hi,
the discussion of the first DP week (including solving times) is now available on my blog. Many thanks to James for stepping in as the first expert.
Hausigel