Hello!

If this is your first visit, please introduce yourself and read the forum rules
glum

Hello!

Post by glum » Sat 29 Feb, 2020 8:51 am

Hi - I’m a UK based ex-video game designer and soon to be ex-computer science teacher who has been enthralled by puzzles over the last year or two, mainly thanks to Cracking The Cryptic. It was actually Fleb, on YouTube, who really sparked my interest but his channel is dormant (which is a shame). Why did I sign up? I’m thinking about trying this weekend’s sudoku challenge after finally completing one of Simon’s puzzles on YouTube in less time than the video length!

Looking forward to joining you all! Thanks, Glum (Glenn)

Feadoor

Re: Hello!

Post by Feadoor » Sat 29 Feb, 2020 4:22 pm

Hello Glenn,

Welcome! I hope you enjoy (or have enjoyed) this weekend's competition. I haven't yet taken part myself but I can vouch for David's credentials as a puzzle author and say with some certainty that we have a treat ahead of us.

Always good to meet new people who have caught the puzzle bug. I hope you find what you are looking for here.

Sam

glum

Re: Hello!

Post by glum » Sat 29 Feb, 2020 6:10 pm

Thanks Feadoor - It's not looking good though. I think I will give it a try tomorrow, but my times on the example puzzles were just way too slow to give me any hope of a reasonable score... And I couldn't even start the Killer and Clone example!